Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my iPad generation

Hello,

How can I find my iPad generation.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 4:45 PM

Click here and check. If your particular model is running 12.5 or offers an update to it, it's not capable of 13 or above.

(189225)

2 replies

Dec 31, 2020 4:45 PM in response to samayeh32

If your iPad Mini model has been stuck on iOS 12 for quite some time, then you own an over 6 or 7-year old, 2013 iPad Mini 2nd generation or a 2014 3rd generation.

Your iPad Mini model cannot upgrade/update beyond any version of iOS 12, currently at iOS 12.5.

The 2013 iPad Air 1, iPad Mini 2 and 2014 iPad Mini 3 have overall internal hardware that is too old, too underpowered and incapable of running all of the new, advanced and internal hardware resource intensive features of iPadOS.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions. There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

How can I find my iPad generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.