Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selling iPad

How do I remove my info from an iPad mini to sell it

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 5:42 PM

Follow the steps in the article below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

8 replies

Dec 31, 2020 6:59 PM in response to michjeane

Okay,

If no one here is going to state the obvious. I will.

I am constantly giving bad news about older devices here, anyways

I just have to state something here.

If this iPad is an over 8-year old iPad Mini 1 stuck on iOS 9, are you really going to sell this iPad to someone and leave them stuck with a nearly useless iPad, with no real way of getting any usable third party apps for this device?

Is this really what you are planning to do do with this old iPad?

Sell it to some other unsuspecting soul who really doesn't know jack about iPads?

That iPad model cannot ever upgrade beyond iOS 9.3.5/9.3.6.

Apple ended support for 8-10 year old iPads, at least, over 3 years, ago.

The internal hardware in that iPad is too old, too underpowred and completely incompatible with all later versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Virtually, all third party iOS app developers ended/stopped/abandoned supporting these old iPads over two years, ago.

There are virtually, NO MORE older iOS 9 or 10 compatible apps available from the Apple iOS App Store, any longer.

There are NO MORE popular, useful apps or games for these old iPads, any longer!

There is NO WAY to get any apps for 8-10-year iOS devices, initially, from Apple’s iOS App Store!!

NO WAY!

Especially games as game makers push for upgrade compatibility for best interactive user and cross device gameplay.

AND, that over 4-year old default iOS Safari Web browser is too old, not secure and not safe to use to access the Internet, any longer.

Whoever you try and sell this iPad to is never going to be able to ever get any older, compatible apps for this old an iPad.

If you plan on selling this iPad for a parts ONLY device, then this is another story.

But I would NOT sell this device to ANYONE as a viable, usable device who maybe planning on actually trying to use this iPad.

They will not be happy and feel like they got ripped off and very upset!

You really should just recycle this device with Apple

My opinion, but selling this iPad as a usable device is not a very good idea.

Selling iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.