Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac is beeping and wont start

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 3:54 PM

Bad Ram. Macs are picky about what kind and type they use. And each mac must perform a POST.. power On Self test... where it checks each necessary component in the path... power supply... ram... hard drive... video card..processor(s)... if one of those components fails.. bingo... no bootup.... i don’t know if you have a Mac Pro Tower... an iMac, or a notebook... portable Mac or even what year it was made or anything about it. I know nothing...

John B

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 3:54 PM in response to AppleOsb

Bad Ram. Macs are picky about what kind and type they use. And each mac must perform a POST.. power On Self test... where it checks each necessary component in the path... power supply... ram... hard drive... video card..processor(s)... if one of those components fails.. bingo... no bootup.... i don’t know if you have a Mac Pro Tower... an iMac, or a notebook... portable Mac or even what year it was made or anything about it. I know nothing...

John B

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.