Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover old pictures and videos

How can I recover pictures and videos .that I deleted more than a year ago

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:09 AM

It would be impossible to achieve what you're asking because of two scenarios. If the photos and videos were stored solely on-device then deleted, you could've potentially restored then from a backup; however, by now you would've overwritten that backup many times rendering this option for recovery obsolete.

If the photos were stored in iCloud then deleted, they would've been moved to the Recently Deleted folder and kept there for 30 days before being finally expunged so also obsolete.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 10:09 AM in response to collins104

It would be impossible to achieve what you're asking because of two scenarios. If the photos and videos were stored solely on-device then deleted, you could've potentially restored then from a backup; however, by now you would've overwritten that backup many times rendering this option for recovery obsolete.

If the photos were stored in iCloud then deleted, they would've been moved to the Recently Deleted folder and kept there for 30 days before being finally expunged so also obsolete.

How can I recover old pictures and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.