Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo unable to save save after edit

Hi. With latest iPad Pro, iOS 14,3, after editing / rotating a photo (taken with an iPhone 12) I can not save it. Message ‘there was an error saving this photo. Try later’. I did even a reset, to no avail. Same error on another iPhone, iOS 14.3.

On an old iPad, iOS 10.3, the operation went ok !

Do you know about some settings to avoid this error ?

Thanks, happy new year!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 7:34 AM

There is known bug in iPadOS14 that affects saving of markup documents/photos. There is a workaround until it’s fixed; simply trim/resize the image before saving.

I hope this insight proves to be helpful.

4 replies

Jan 1, 2021 10:25 AM in response to NinoBuc

You’re very welcome.

I strongly recommend that you, personally, file a bug report using Apple’s product feedback page. The more reports received, the more likely that the problem will eventually be addressed.

When making your bug report, ensure that you include details of your device model - and the installed version of iOS/iPadOS.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Jan 1, 2021 11:38 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks. I reported multiple related bugs, here is the info sent:

3 Photo pb. 

1.  A portrait photo received on iPad Pro from an iPhone 12 was wrongly rotated 90. But, it was live and the live part was in good orientation.

2. After rotating it can not be saved. Message : unable to save,try later.

In communities I was given a workaround: first trim, then save. This worked, but you have to know it.

3. The photo saved is in the right position, but the live part is now rotated 90 degrees.”

Photo unable to save save after edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.