Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use iPhone as remote for iPad camera

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE INTRICACIES OF IOS AND BLUETOOTH.

Thought I should get that out there right off the bat.

What I’d like to be able to do is to set up my iPad on a tripod to take photos and be able to trigger the shutter using a Bluetooth connection from my iPhone to the iPad.

Again, I know nothing about the technicalities but I know I can buy a tripod adapter to hold my iPad and it comes with a little Bluetooth fob. So, it seems the iPad shutter can be controlled with Bluetooth.

It seems odd that two Apple devices cannot communicate to carry out this function.

My question is whether it is possible but that I have not figured it out.

That’s it!!

Thanks for any feedback

Bill C

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 7:06 AM

Whilst remote control of the device camera is not a native function of iOS iPadOS, there are some camera Apps that can be installed on iPhone/iPad that provide the means to remotely trigger the camera.

One such App that comes immediately to mind, with the remote control function, is Camera Plus:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/camera-plus-frame-the-moments/id330803072

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 7:06 AM in response to codfromhalifax

Whilst remote control of the device camera is not a native function of iOS iPadOS, there are some camera Apps that can be installed on iPhone/iPad that provide the means to remotely trigger the camera.

One such App that comes immediately to mind, with the remote control function, is Camera Plus:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/camera-plus-frame-the-moments/id330803072

Use iPhone as remote for iPad camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.