Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I go to print a spreadsheet a strange title shows up on top but it doesn't show when working within the spread

When I go to print a spreadsheet a strange title shows up on top but it doesn't show when working within the spreadsheet

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 1:03 PM

A screenshot showing the 'strange title' might help determine an answer.

To take a screenshot of part of the screen:

• Place the mouse pointer at the top left corner of the area to be captured.

• Press shift-command-4

(The pointer will change to a crosshair)

• Press and hold the mouse button and drag the crosshair to the bottom right corner of the area to be captured.

• When the selection rectangle holds the area you want to capture, release the mouse button.

(You'll hear a 'shutter click,' and the image will be saved as a file on your desktop, with the name Screen Shot, followed by the date and time the shot was taken.)

Your screenshot of a table should be taken while the table or one of the cells in the table is selected, making the table active, and ensuring that the row and column reference tabs are visible. Please include these tabs in any screenshot images.

To insert an image in your post:

• Place the insertion bar at the point you want the image inserted.

(I usually press a return after the line of text I want above the image.)

• Click the 'two mountains' button, second from Right in the set below the message composition window.

(This will take you to a Finder window showing the files on your Desktop. If they are sorted by Date, descending from most recent, your screen shot should be at or very near the top of the list.)

• Double-click the Screen Shot's icon.

(The window will close, you;ll be taken back to your message, and after a short pause, the image will appear in your message.)

• Press return to start a new line below the image, and carry on.

Regards

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 1:03 PM in response to PeacockGreg

A screenshot showing the 'strange title' might help determine an answer.

To take a screenshot of part of the screen:

• Place the mouse pointer at the top left corner of the area to be captured.

• Press shift-command-4

(The pointer will change to a crosshair)

• Press and hold the mouse button and drag the crosshair to the bottom right corner of the area to be captured.

• When the selection rectangle holds the area you want to capture, release the mouse button.

(You'll hear a 'shutter click,' and the image will be saved as a file on your desktop, with the name Screen Shot, followed by the date and time the shot was taken.)

Your screenshot of a table should be taken while the table or one of the cells in the table is selected, making the table active, and ensuring that the row and column reference tabs are visible. Please include these tabs in any screenshot images.

To insert an image in your post:

• Place the insertion bar at the point you want the image inserted.

(I usually press a return after the line of text I want above the image.)

• Click the 'two mountains' button, second from Right in the set below the message composition window.

(This will take you to a Finder window showing the files on your Desktop. If they are sorted by Date, descending from most recent, your screen shot should be at or very near the top of the list.)

• Double-click the Screen Shot's icon.

(The window will close, you;ll be taken back to your message, and after a short pause, the image will appear in your message.)

• Press return to start a new line below the image, and carry on.

Regards

Barry

Jan 5, 2021 9:51 PM in response to PeacockGreg

HI Greg,

I'm surprised that you've marked my post as having Solved your question. The intention of the post was to give you directions on how to include a screen shot showing the issue to show more clearly what was happening.

I suspect what you are seeing when you press command-P or choose Print in the File menu is the Page Header box and whatever has been entered in that box. Page Headers appear only on pages, and unless you are printing or preparing to print, Numbers has no 'pages.'

Before suggesting that possibility, I wanted to see a screen shot to confirm whether it was the issue or not. If it is, then the cure is simple:

In the 'regular view of the document, press command-P to move to the Print prep page.

In Print prep, click on the box containing the "strange title" and delete it as you would any text in a cell or in a text box.

Then, if you're not printing, click Done, or if you are printing, click Print.

Regards,

Barry

When I go to print a spreadsheet a strange title shows up on top but it doesn't show when working within the spread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.