Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 restarts radomly

I am using iPhone 8 and it gets restarting randomly. My iPhone does not comes under replacement program. I don't the reason for this issue. Please help me to resolve this issue.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:18 AM

KiPhone8 ~ What's the Maximum Capacity % here?...

Settings > Battery > Battery Health

Restarting randomly can be a symptom of a battery in need of replacement:

"...The power management system determines the capability of the battery to supply this power, and manages the loads in order to maintain operations. When the operations can no longer be supported with the full capabilities of the power management system, the system will perform a shutdown to preserve these electronic components. While this shutdown is intentional from the device perspective, it may be unexpected by the user." [Source: Apple]

…So, if the battery of your iPhone is the original one, it quite likely needs replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 10:18 AM in response to KiPhone8

KiPhone8 ~ What's the Maximum Capacity % here?...

Settings > Battery > Battery Health

Restarting randomly can be a symptom of a battery in need of replacement:

"...The power management system determines the capability of the battery to supply this power, and manages the loads in order to maintain operations. When the operations can no longer be supported with the full capabilities of the power management system, the system will perform a shutdown to preserve these electronic components. While this shutdown is intentional from the device perspective, it may be unexpected by the user." [Source: Apple]

…So, if the battery of your iPhone is the original one, it quite likely needs replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

iPhone 8 restarts radomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.