Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News now showing primarily articles that are weeks old. Why?

Most articles on Apple News on my iOS and, iPhone, and Mac Mini are old: rarely under a day and mostly 2-3 weeks old. This started about 2 weeks ago and has gotten steadily worse. Articles that are weeks old don’t qualify as news.

This started after I dragged down on the first Top Stories article several times. It started showing weeks-old articles, many of which I had already seen.

How can I get News to show me new articles, not mostly old ones? Otherwise, change the app name to NotNews (truth in advertising).

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 10:57 AM

Hi Joseph. Thank you for your reply but it does not answer my question. I know how to use Apple News's Top Stories: I've been using it since it was first released. My issue is that most of what News shows me - over 80% - is not recent but rather up to 4 weeks old. This is new behavior: last month most of what News showed me was recent (date/time stamps of minutes to hours previous).

That is the issue: why is News showing me articles that are weeks old?

The response below indicates my problem is solved, but it is not. Please help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 10:57 AM in response to Benventura2

Hi Joseph. Thank you for your reply but it does not answer my question. I know how to use Apple News's Top Stories: I've been using it since it was first released. My issue is that most of what News shows me - over 80% - is not recent but rather up to 4 weeks old. This is new behavior: last month most of what News showed me was recent (date/time stamps of minutes to hours previous).

That is the issue: why is News showing me articles that are weeks old?

The response below indicates my problem is solved, but it is not. Please help.

Jan 4, 2021 2:21 PM in response to Benventura2

Hi Benventura2,

Thanks for getting back to us. We'd like to learn a bit more about what you're encountering to help the community provide information that might be helpful. Which publications do you get your news from? Are you not seeing as up to date articles as you expect in Today, or under Following? Is the Apple News Spotlight in Today showing recent articles?

Thanks!

Apple News now showing primarily articles that are weeks old. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.