Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.3 BATTERY DRAIN ON STAND BY

My iPhone 12 mini is draining the battery themselves without usage. FIX THIS UPDATE

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 11:26 AM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2021 8:15 AM in response to goks19

Hey there

That's certainly not the experience we would want for anyone after updating their operating system. We're happy to provide guidance.

From the screenshot you provided, Home & Lock Screen is using some of the battery life. To help with this, tap Settings > Notifications. You can change your app notifications to use less battery life by turning off "Show on Lock Screen". This causes the iPhone screen to turn on every time you receive a notification. 

You can also learn more about what is using the battery with the guidance here: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Tap Settings > General > Background App Refresh. Review the apps that are using this. You can turn this off for all of your apps and help with the battery as well. 

We have some additional steps you can take using the guidance here: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Take care!

Jan 20, 2021 5:53 AM in response to goks19

I have an update here. Last night I changed my Mobile Data Option from 4G to 3G, turned on Low Data Mode, deleted the default Mail App of iOS and restarted my phone. These 3 changes were done after all the Battery Saving Tips on YouTube failed for me. To my surprise, I did not see even 1% battery drain overnight (7 hours of standby time) when the battery was charged >= 90% but lost only 4% overnight battery drain when the battery was charged somewhere around 75%.

iOS 14.3 BATTERY DRAIN ON STAND BY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.