Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store doesn’t update applications it requests apassword fo apple id which is not mine !! I verified it with phone number but still the same problem not solved

App store doesn’t update applications it requests apassword for apple id which is not mine !! I verified it with phone number but still the same problem not solved

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 12:48 PM

Applications installed on an iOS device are inherently associated with the AppleID that they were purchased/installed under.

This means that any updates to the app require you to log in with the same AppleID to verify that you're a legitimate user.

You can install and run apps under multiple AppleIDs on the same device, but you're going to have to provide the credentials for each one for subsequent updates.

If you don't have access to the AppleID account in question then you need to delete the app and reinstall it under an AppleID that you do control.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 12:48 PM in response to hadeer10

Applications installed on an iOS device are inherently associated with the AppleID that they were purchased/installed under.

This means that any updates to the app require you to log in with the same AppleID to verify that you're a legitimate user.

You can install and run apps under multiple AppleIDs on the same device, but you're going to have to provide the credentials for each one for subsequent updates.

If you don't have access to the AppleID account in question then you need to delete the app and reinstall it under an AppleID that you do control.

Jan 1, 2021 12:48 PM in response to hadeer10

Try signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in. Check the updates to see if the apps requiring an update are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your Apple ID if desired. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call       

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

App store doesn’t update applications it requests apassword fo apple id which is not mine !! I verified it with phone number but still the same problem not solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.