Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve gone thru the listed steps to erase personal info from my old phone. Is there a way to make sure it is erased without putting in the initial information it asks for when the phone turns back on?

Once I’ve gone thru the steps to erase personal data on my old phone, how can I check to see if everything is erased without re-signing in to my old phone?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 2:22 PM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2021 2:27 PM in response to Pbeall16

Hi!

Thanks for reaching Apple Support Communities!

When resetting your iPhone to factory settings, it also erases everything on it, and disables Activation Lock. Erasing via Find My does the same thing, except it keeps Activation Lock on so if your iPhone is ever lost or stolen, nobody can use it unless it connects to your iCloud account.

When resetting, iPhone will backup all data from it and save it securely in your iCloud account, so that you can move your data via that backup on your new iPhone.

I’ve gone thru the listed steps to erase personal info from my old phone. Is there a way to make sure it is erased without putting in the initial information it asks for when the phone turns back on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.