Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I ave a Macbk air 2017 with Mojave and have tried numerous times to install Big Sur. I always get a box that says your request timed out - an error occurred while installing the update. How do I find out the error so Big Sur will download?

I have a Macbk air 2017 with Mojave and have tried numerous times to install Big Sur. I always get a box that says your request timed out - an error occurred while installing the update. How do I find out the error so Big Sur will download?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 2:34 PM

I have 65.55 GB so that should be good right? I do only have the wifi so I'll try it having the computer as close to the router as I can, won't close it, won't use any other device while it's loading - thanks, hope it works

3 replies

Jan 1, 2021 2:23 PM in response to coldweathergal

How much free space does your mac have.

The macOS Big Sur installer is 12.24GBs and Big Sur

needs 35.5GBs of free space to install.

It is always best when downloading any Apple macOS installers to be connected to your router

via cable, if WiFi is the only option then have your mac as close to the router as possible.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any other devices that share the same

internet connection.

I ave a Macbk air 2017 with Mojave and have tried numerous times to install Big Sur. I always get a box that says your request timed out - an error occurred while installing the update. How do I find out the error so Big Sur will download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.