Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update my macpro

Hi there,

I've not updated my MacPro for over 2 years, I'm still a dinosaur coming into the 21st century...how do i do this please?

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 3:42 PM

Either Software Update or check the App Store. Each mac OS has certain official requirements and if your MacPro meets them, then you’re good to go. High Sierra is sorta recent. Mojave is pretty recent, but it requires a Metal Capable video card/ graphics card/GPU and 8 gigs of ram/memory on board is recommended. Upgrading your video card is easy, as is adding an SSD, but i’ll leave that for another time

John B

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 3:42 PM in response to rouruina

Either Software Update or check the App Store. Each mac OS has certain official requirements and if your MacPro meets them, then you’re good to go. High Sierra is sorta recent. Mojave is pretty recent, but it requires a Metal Capable video card/ graphics card/GPU and 8 gigs of ram/memory on board is recommended. Upgrading your video card is easy, as is adding an SSD, but i’ll leave that for another time

John B

update my macpro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.