Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes, forgot password

Hi, so I keep all passwords of everything I have logged into in a locked note. A few months ago I forgot the password to notes, but I still could use my Touch ID, so I didn’t have an issue with getting into any of my locked notes. Today, I was trying to get into one of the locked notes and my hands were a bit dirty, so the Touch ID wasn’t working (and hasn’t worked since). 

I have already reset my Notes password, but I still can’t get into the notes that were locked at the time of my old password. 

So, I’m not sure how to get into my old locked notes.

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:07 PM

When you reset the password to notes then that new password will only affect the new notes that you will create from this point on. All the previous locked notes will still remain under the old password. There is no other option except to keep guessing for the old password to open the old locked notes. Wish that I had a better solution for now but i do not.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 10:07 PM in response to lpink123

When you reset the password to notes then that new password will only affect the new notes that you will create from this point on. All the previous locked notes will still remain under the old password. There is no other option except to keep guessing for the old password to open the old locked notes. Wish that I had a better solution for now but i do not.

Axel F.

Notes, forgot password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.