You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV audio out of sync

My Apple TV 4K audio is connected directly to my Samsung TV via HDMI. While watching football games on the NFL app, the audio slowly begins to lag as the game proceeds. This is also happening while watching some movies on iTunes. I have tried the following with no success:

• restart Apple TV
  • update Apple TV and NFL app
  • adjust Match Content settings
  • adjust Audio Format and Mode settings
  • factory reset on Apple TV

This is also happening on my other two Apple TV 4Ks.

Thoughts?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 4:09 AM

3 replies

Jan 3, 2021 10:05 PM in response to BuckeyQ

I have EXACTLY the same issue with ONLY the NFL app...

I thought it might be an audio latency issue given my signal chain for audio vs video being two distinct paths:

Signal chain:

Apple TV 4K to TV via HDMI.

Audio:

TV "Digital Audio Out" via Fiber Optic Port to Rooful Toslink to SPDIF convertor, then SPDIF into JBL 4312 sub then to JBL 4328's for L&R...Fully digital signal path from front to back.

It is ONLY the NFL App that gives me this issue. I experienced it ONCE on You Tube TV, but that was fixed by simply quitting the app, then restarting the app (not the whole Apple TV.

I did have some luck by fast forwarding, then rewinding back to a spot on the Apple TV4k, but once again, the latency eventually "piles up" and after about 15 minutes I am back to SEEING the hits / kicks, etc, then HEARING what I am seeing behind by up to about 100ms....Sucks.

Jan 5, 2021 1:32 PM in response to BuckeyQ

The exact same thing is happening for me with both the NFL app and the NBA app. I also have my Apple TV 4K connected directly to a Samsung TV via HDMI cable. I’ve had no such problems with the NFL or NBA apps using exactly the same setup over the past few seasons. I hope this is corrected very soon, as it is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Apple TV audio out of sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.