Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Office 365 - can't install on 10.13.6

Hello together :)

I have been given an iMac from 2010 from my mom as she has a new one. On this iMac, the newest Microsoft Office 365 was running perfectly fine with my account as I can use my access on up to 5 computers. As the iMac was super slow and a lot of personal data has been collected over the years I decided to delete everything and to reinstall High Sierra. That worked perfectly fine and now I have High Sierra 10.13.6 - the highest possible version (like before resetting but now the iMac is faster). I downloaded the Microsoft Office 365 (the same as before) but it tells me that I do not fulfill the software requirement of the system and that I would need High Sierra 10.13 and higher - but I have 10.13.6?! How can I fix this problem? Why did it run before and now I can't even install it? (I can't download Word etc. from the Apple store as Word there requires 10.14., so that's no option).

Thank you very much in advance,

Best,

Jupiterlady

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 4:24 AM

Microsoft 365 requires macOS 10.14 or higher. High Sierra is no longer supported by Microsoft.

It's time to retire your 10 year old Mac and move on to something new or find an alternative like Libre Office.

2 replies

Windows Office 365 - can't install on 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.