Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can You Use HomePod and HomePod Minis for Surround Sound?

If I have a HomePod and connect it to Apple TV as a Home Theater system, can I then connect two HomePod Minis as a surround sound pair? I feel like that won't work because Apple TV can only connect to one audio output, right?

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 2:48 PM

Yes you can.

Might help not to have anything but your tv speakers set as the audio output on the Apple TV first

On the Siri remote deep press the TV Button to bring up its control Center, from there you can select as many as you want to use.

If the minis are stereo paired you might be able to select those as the default audio output in settings. I tested on two paired HomePod 2018’s and one mini. So for this I must set my tv speakers as the default

Stereo paired will act as one output.

All of your software should be up to date as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 2:48 PM in response to mikenjd

Yes you can.

Might help not to have anything but your tv speakers set as the audio output on the Apple TV first

On the Siri remote deep press the TV Button to bring up its control Center, from there you can select as many as you want to use.

If the minis are stereo paired you might be able to select those as the default audio output in settings. I tested on two paired HomePod 2018’s and one mini. So for this I must set my tv speakers as the default

Stereo paired will act as one output.

All of your software should be up to date as well.

Can You Use HomePod and HomePod Minis for Surround Sound?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.