Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled iPhone

Hello,

I have an iPhone 7 iOS 11.4. I have run into a problem. I once rebooted my device and it randomly got disabled. I did not even have a chance to input my passcode which I definitely know. I suspect that it may have happened because of limited space on my phone, but I am not sure.

I do not want to loose all 4 years of my memories over a random disable. I wish that you would send me away to recover my phone without data loss. I know that you can not recover data without backup, but since it was not my mistake, I want to make sure, if there is a way to recover my data without backup, I want to know it.

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 12:37 PM

If your phone is disabled, you cannot recover the data on it.

A backup is not only for if you make a mistake.. your photos & memories should always be backed up in case anything at all goes wrong.. Hardware/software issue, a fire or a tornado.. whatever it might be

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 12:37 PM in response to greta107

If your phone is disabled, you cannot recover the data on it.

A backup is not only for if you make a mistake.. your photos & memories should always be backed up in case anything at all goes wrong.. Hardware/software issue, a fire or a tornado.. whatever it might be

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Jan 2, 2021 2:37 PM in response to greta107

Apple doesn't randomly disabled iPhones. Something must have gone wrong.

If your phone is disabled, it won't matter if you've connected to your computer before.. Once the phone is disabled you cannot make the connection. I just tested this quick on my iPhone & MacBook, while the phone was disabled it would not show up on the Mac.

Disabled iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.