Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i authorize my computer on itunes so I can watch a movie I just downloaded?

I recently just downloaded a movie to iTunes, but it will not download unless it is authorized. I followed the instructions through the pop-up notification and went to the account menu on iTunes to try and get the authorization out of the way, but there was no drop-down menu or anything I could do to authorize my Mac book. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 3:22 PM

re: "...and went to the account menu on iTunes ..."

There is no iTunes app on a Mac that has Big Sur (macOS 11). Go to the Music app, the Apple TV app or the Apple Books app. See the following from: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

How to authorize a Mac or PC

Before you authorize a Mac, update it to the latest version of macOS. On a PC, update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows.

1. On a Mac, open the Music app, Apple TV app, or Apple Books app. On a PC, open iTunes for Windows.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. In the menu bar on your Mac or PC, choose Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer.
  4. If you're asked to authorize your computer again, it won't use a new authorization. Apple ID uses the same authorization for the same computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 3:22 PM in response to mldur

re: "...and went to the account menu on iTunes ..."

There is no iTunes app on a Mac that has Big Sur (macOS 11). Go to the Music app, the Apple TV app or the Apple Books app. See the following from: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

How to authorize a Mac or PC

Before you authorize a Mac, update it to the latest version of macOS. On a PC, update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows.

1. On a Mac, open the Music app, Apple TV app, or Apple Books app. On a PC, open iTunes for Windows.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. In the menu bar on your Mac or PC, choose Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer.
  4. If you're asked to authorize your computer again, it won't use a new authorization. Apple ID uses the same authorization for the same computer.

how do i authorize my computer on itunes so I can watch a movie I just downloaded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.