Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube App on Apple TV

Hello,

In a fit of weakness, I installed the YouTube app on Apple TV about a year ago to placate one of my children. I have since uninstalled it countless times but each time, the app re-installs itself unbidden and uninvited. I have tried all of the obvious settings in Apple TV to prevent this happening but it still occurs, leaving said child to watch a seemingly unending stream of dross on YouTube on the Apple TV.

Does anyone know how to block the YouTube app, definitively, once and for all, from re-loading on Apple TV once it has been deleted?

Any advice gratefully received!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 12:02 AM

In Settings - Apps - Make sure Automatically install apps is set to Off.

Is your child finding it to redownload? If you look in the App Store App in Purchases - Not on this TV. It’s probably in there and all you have to do ir click on it then click the cloud to install. .

Apps you’ve installed on other devices might be in there, but they can be hidden:

Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 12:02 AM in response to WillC

In Settings - Apps - Make sure Automatically install apps is set to Off.

Is your child finding it to redownload? If you look in the App Store App in Purchases - Not on this TV. It’s probably in there and all you have to do ir click on it then click the cloud to install. .

Apps you’ve installed on other devices might be in there, but they can be hidden:

Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

YouTube App on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.