Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes issues and changes after upgrading to OS Catalina (Big Sur)?

I have yet to upgrade to Catalina because I was told that there were big itunes changes that would affect anyone who had a local library with itunes match. I have a huge music library and pay for match as well as apple music.

Can someone please explain to me what concerns I need to address before I upgrade to Catalina and now Big Sur. I'd really love to do the updates but also want to understand the itunes changes so that I can prevent losing my huge ripped cd library that is on my computer.

If there are steps I need to follow that would be great info to have as well.

Any and all assistance is appreciated!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:07 AM

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. When you upgrade the various new apps should import the relevant sections of your iTunes library. Early adopters in Catalina had issues with the album artwork cache taking an age to rebuild, but I don't think that is a concern any more. The Music/Finder combination is, in my opinion, much less suitable for those that like to manually manage their devices, but if you're using iCloud Music Library then it is not really that different.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 5:07 AM in response to CCAPPL

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. When you upgrade the various new apps should import the relevant sections of your iTunes library. Early adopters in Catalina had issues with the album artwork cache taking an age to rebuild, but I don't think that is a concern any more. The Music/Finder combination is, in my opinion, much less suitable for those that like to manually manage their devices, but if you're using iCloud Music Library then it is not really that different.

tt2

Itunes issues and changes after upgrading to OS Catalina (Big Sur)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.