Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the iPhone 11 “selfie” camera so horrible and grainy?

I recently got an iPhone 11 for Christmas to replace my iPhone 8. I was so excited with the amazing quality of the back camera, but the front facing camera is horrible quality! When it doesn’t look grainy it makes me look either really pale or the colors are weirdly saturated. I compared it with someone’s iPhone 12 and there’s a noticeable difference. The 12 looks very clear and I did not notice any grain, or any issues with saturation. We held them next to each other and took the same selfie and the quality on my iPhone 11 made me look horrible compared to the 12! (Both photos were taken in the same lighting!) I know others are experiencing this but I’m not sure whether it’s worth it to pay an extra $200 for good camera quality or if Apple is working on fixing it? Just odd that such an expensive phone has worse quality than older versions.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 9:00 AM

Hello,

That should not be. Check the lens as noted:

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 3, 2021 6:52 PM in response to MrBill3

Hi,

I do appreciate your suggestion. However I have used this phone for 4 days now, my case doesn’t effect the camera in any way and the screen is completely clean. Many of my friends 11s have bad quality front facing cameras as well. So it is not something I am doing personally which sucks because I like this phone and for it being so expensive I expect good quality.

Why is the iPhone 11 “selfie” camera so horrible and grainy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.