You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green screen glitch

Dear all,

I purchased a used MacBook Pro 15" mid 2015, about a year ago. For a while I have been experiencing a glitch when I watch YouTube, Netflix and other videos. The glitch mostly appears when i watch videos in full screen, but also occurs when the video is minimized. The video itself is the only space on the screen that turns green. It started out as just flashing green once in a while, but now the screen stays green until I move my cursor or interact in some other way.

Below is a picture of what the glitch looks like:

Here is a list of all the things I have tried to fix the problem:

Booting in Safe Mode

Resetting PRAM

Resetting SMC

I ran Apple Diagnostics, no problems were found.

I formatted the SSD and reinstalled MacOS (twice). The second time I reinstalled MacOS, I installed High Sierra first, before updating to Big Sur. I had the MacBook playing YouTube-videos for hours in full screen in High Sierra without encountering the glitch. After i updated to Big Sur, the glitch reappeared after watching two or three YouTube-videos.

I installed Windows 10 in BootCamp. In Windows 10 I never encountered the glitch.

If i resize the cursor, the glitch goes away temporarily. I have to keep resizing the cursor every few hours or so.

I am looking for a permanent fix. I want to sell my MacBook and it will be worth virtually nothing if I am not able to fix this problem. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Best regards - Marcus Schulze Ljosland.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 3:33 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Green screen glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.