Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter gave me her ipad. I have an older version and would like to migrate the data from mine to hers. I already changed the ID to mine but don't know how to transfer the data now. Please help.

How do I migrate my data from an older ipad to my daughter's ipad that she gave back to me?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 3:39 PM

If you set-up the “new” iPad as if it were new you can simply transfer all your data and current setup to the new iPad.

First, your Daughter needs to prepare the gifted iPad:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

These support pages should get you started with setup of your new iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from old to new iPad:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 3:39 PM in response to Motherbird4

If you set-up the “new” iPad as if it were new you can simply transfer all your data and current setup to the new iPad.

First, your Daughter needs to prepare the gifted iPad:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

These support pages should get you started with setup of your new iPad - and the methods of transferring your data from old to new iPad:

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

My daughter gave me her ipad. I have an older version and would like to migrate the data from mine to hers. I already changed the ID to mine but don't know how to transfer the data now. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.