You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen of death

How do you fix this on the 2020 MacBook Air it’s my school computer and I’m not allowed to go to the apple store and everything I have tried from the internet does not work.

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 3:09 PM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2021 6:14 PM in response to RonaldHMoseley

Hi RonaldHMoseley,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand your MacBook Pro starts up to a black screen. We'd like to help.

You mentioned you tried everything you found on the internet in an attempt to get this resolved. Does that include following the steps in this article? If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

What were the results after you booted into macOS Recovery? If the screen remained black, you are likely experiencing a hardware issue. You should contact Apple Support directly to discuss next steps: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you were able to see the Disk Utility screen when you booted into macOS Recovery, were you able to run the repair option or run through reinstalling macOS to see if that solves the issue? If those steps don't get this solved, you'll need to reach Apple Support directly at that point.

Best regards.

Black screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.