Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Atmos option on Apple TV 4K with HomePods

I have an Apple TV 4K and HomePod speakers as a stereo pair. When I go to the audio settings I select change format but only get the ‘Stereo’ or ‘Dolby 5.1’ options. Why am I not getting the ‘Immersive Audio’ option?

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:47 PM

When using HomePods, you will not see the ‘Immersive Audio’ option, but if set on Auto (not change the format), it will use the Atmos audio stream when available. This is as intended.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you're using home theater audio with HomePod as your Default Audio Output, Dolby Atmos is already set up and you won't see the Immersive Audio option in Settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 5:47 PM in response to saban8or

When using HomePods, you will not see the ‘Immersive Audio’ option, but if set on Auto (not change the format), it will use the Atmos audio stream when available. This is as intended.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you're using home theater audio with HomePod as your Default Audio Output, Dolby Atmos is already set up and you won't see the Immersive Audio option in Settings.

Atmos option on Apple TV 4K with HomePods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.