Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LEGIT EMAIL?

I received an email from Apple Distribution International Ltd, Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Ireland saying that my iCloud has been locked for security reason and asked I verify my account otherwise my Apple account will be suspended.

So I thought it was legit and verified my account. But then I went into my Apple account and changed my Apple password. Just felt like I should. But I did this after I verified the info asked by the email.

I hope I didn't do something wrong. Worried.

Should I be?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 6:26 PM

It is a scam. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

You did the right thing by changing your password. Any other information you gave (e.g., credit card numbers) would also be compromised.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 6:26 PM in response to YSLINJP

It is a scam. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

You did the right thing by changing your password. Any other information you gave (e.g., credit card numbers) would also be compromised.

LEGIT EMAIL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.