Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign in with Apple ID to iMessage

I attempted to set up iMessage on my MacBook Air with my Apple ID and password, but got an error saying "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again".

I can sign in to apple.com with my Apple ID and password. I have also restarted my computer. Still no luck. Does anyone know what could be wrong? What else can I try? Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 7:12 PM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2021 7:40 AM in response to tzhou01

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, tzhou01!

We understand you're having trouble signing in to iMessage on your MacBook Air. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Try the steps outlined here: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

Some you're also unable to access the Apple website, try resetting your password: If you forgot your Apple ID password

Have a great day!

Cannot sign in with Apple ID to iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.