Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't deauthorize computers I no longer own

Apple is telling me I have 3 computers authorized. Only one is on the list when I sign in with my Apple ID, the one computer I currently own. I keep reading informational articles that tell me to select "deauthorize all" to remove the old computers that I no longer own, but that option is not available to me. I probably can't do anything for a year, as I just deauthorized this computer thinking that maybe "deauthorize all" would be an option if I selected "deauthorize". But all that happened was that I deauthorized this computer and I had to reauthorize it.

Is there any way I can deauthorize the two computers I no longer own?

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 12:02 AM

The thing is, my options don't look like the options in the "deauthorize all computers" article you linked, Limnos. I had already read that article several times before I posted this question. However, I searched around a bit more in the iTunes store and managed to find a deauthorize all computers option in a different spot. Not sure how I found it and now I can't found it again. I deauthorized all computers and reauthorized my current one. So my account summary now tells me that one computer is authorized.

Before I deauthorized all computers, my current computer was on the list of associated devices, now it's not. Only my iPad and my iPhone are on that list. But my computer is definitely authorized, I can access all my purchases, so I'm guessing it was only on the list when it wasn't the only authorized computer.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 12:02 AM in response to Limnos

The thing is, my options don't look like the options in the "deauthorize all computers" article you linked, Limnos. I had already read that article several times before I posted this question. However, I searched around a bit more in the iTunes store and managed to find a deauthorize all computers option in a different spot. Not sure how I found it and now I can't found it again. I deauthorized all computers and reauthorized my current one. So my account summary now tells me that one computer is authorized.

Before I deauthorized all computers, my current computer was on the list of associated devices, now it's not. Only my iPad and my iPhone are on that list. But my computer is definitely authorized, I can access all my purchases, so I'm guessing it was only on the list when it wasn't the only authorized computer.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

Jan 4, 2021 11:30 AM in response to MacMom

No, not if you don't have them in front of you. Deauthorize all is the only way. I have never used it but I would think if you deauthorized only one that "all" would still be available.

Deauthorize all computers - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201251#deauthorize

If you still have problems,iTunes and App Stores support --> https://support.apple.com/en-euro/itunes-contact

Can't deauthorize computers I no longer own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.