Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck "Downloading Messages from iCloud"

New iPhone 12 and wanted to use iCloud to synch my messages between MacBook Air and iPhone. "Enabled iCloud" on messages on MacBook Air and took 2 minutes to download from iCloud. Both iPhone and MacBook connected to fiber optic speeds through wifi. Enabled iCloud on phone for iMessages and it's stuck on "Downloading Messages from iCloud" for 2 days. Even stranger if I unplug my phone from charging the message says "Downloading Paused" Plug in your device and connect to wifi. This is ridiculous as I'm connected to fiber optic wifi and 100% battery. What the heck does it need to be plugged in for? Also I've deleted all my conversations except for 10 conversations and they are all downloaded already. I did a complete reset and same problem. I spent 5 hours on phone with Apple and no resolve. I have now erased my phone did a a manual install, did not restore from back up and still the same problem that it's stuck for several days on "Downloading messages from iCloud" when plugged in and stuck on "Paused downloading messages" when not plugged in. Has anyone actually gotten the synch to work between a phone and MacBook without it being always stuck on "Downloading messages from iCloud"?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 9:42 AM

When you contacted Apple Support was a ticket generated for your case/call-in? If so, call back and ask that the issue be escalated as you're still experiencing issues.

Similar questions

1 reply

Stuck "Downloading Messages from iCloud"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.