Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications problem on lock screen after update to IPhone 12 Pro Max

Before I use an old IPHONE 7 Plus and all works great with my Apple Watch 4 serie running last firmware and IOS to this day.

I buy recently Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max and I paire it with my Apple Watch 4.

On my old Iphone 7 plus paired with my apple watch 4 all notifications works as expected on both watch and iphone at the same time with lock screen on or off, but after I update to Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max I cannot receive anymore my notifications on both devices like before.

I only can receive my notifications on both when I disconnect my IPhone Bluetooth, but this is not an option because I have other accessories that need Bluetooth all the time.

Please Apple fix this, there is a lot but a lot of people with this problem and is clear this is a software bug because my Apple Watch 4 and my IPhone 7 plus using today last firmware and IOS 14, both are working with notifications as expected without any problem.

Only my new Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max and my Apple Watch 4 serie are experimenting this notifications problems when Bluetooth are turned on.

I want to have the option to receive my notifications on both Apple Watch and IPHONE at the same time with lock screen on or off as usual.

My notifications are there but my IPhone 12 pro max don´t send any notification sound or light up the screen as usual or as my IPhone 7 plus do. I can see the notifications after look at my phone and my screen get unlocked, but I want to see this notifications/alerts as soon as they arrive on my IPhone, like before. My Apple Watch receive the notifications as usual, but I want to have this notifications alerts on both IPHONE and WATCH as I use to have before with my IPhone 7 plus.

I have the feeling that this problem is related to this new function "Face Detection" to unlock the screen, what means this can be easy fixed by APPLE.

APPLE please fix this for us as soon as possible.

Best regards,

aCiDeViL

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 9:03 AM

Notifications are not normally received on both devices. That is not the way it is designed. See the explanation of notifications for the Apple Watch, Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

The fact you received them on both before is not normal behavior.

1 reply

Notifications problem on lock screen after update to IPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.