Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 2 Won't turn on after a break from use

I have an Apple Watch that won't turn on and it's stuck on a black screen. I stopped using it for a little while and now I'm trying to use it again. I have tried hard resetting it and I have charged it for 8 hours. The watch was hot the touch after charging it which leads me to believe the charging cable is okay. Any ideas?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 9:56 AM

If you store a device when its battery is fully discharged, the battery could fall into a deep discharge state, which renders it incapable of holding a charge. For more info, see the "Store it half-charged when you store it long term." section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

For service & repair, see:

watch Repair - Official Apple Support

watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 9:56 AM in response to emmet66

If you store a device when its battery is fully discharged, the battery could fall into a deep discharge state, which renders it incapable of holding a charge. For more info, see the "Store it half-charged when you store it long term." section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

For service & repair, see:

watch Repair - Official Apple Support

watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

Apple Watch Series 2 Won't turn on after a break from use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.