Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave, the message said that the installer was damaged and Mojave can not be downloaded. What do I do now?

How to install Mojave onto High Sierra when the installer is damaged?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 11:41 PM

The certificate for Mojave is fine, if you get the installer is damaged message it means the App Store

is detecting a copy of Install macOS Mojave.app in your Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect to your router via cable.

Restart your mac, go back to the App Store Mojave download page it should now say

'Get' or 'Download' not 'Open'.

The download is 6.05GBs in size

Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any other devices that share the same

internet connection.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 11:41 PM in response to elc11

The certificate for Mojave is fine, if you get the installer is damaged message it means the App Store

is detecting a copy of Install macOS Mojave.app in your Applications folder.

Locate it, move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect to your router via cable.

Restart your mac, go back to the App Store Mojave download page it should now say

'Get' or 'Download' not 'Open'.

The download is 6.05GBs in size

Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any other devices that share the same

internet connection.

Jan 4, 2021 9:45 PM in response to Robertsapple21

I am having this problem also. The upgrade will download, but upon completion I get an error message saying that the copy of the Install Mojave application is damaged and can't be used. I have tried repeatedly, deleting the application after each fail. I chatted with Apple Support and they said that the problem is that the security certificate is not available for the update. It may get issued again but no timeline on that...could be hours, or much longer.

When trying to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave, the message said that the installer was damaged and Mojave can not be downloaded. What do I do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.