Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I set up my kids ipads with my apple ID but now they have access to all my information. How do I change it so they only have their information?

I want to separate my personal information from my kids ipads. When they got them I set them up under my apple ID.

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 4:29 PM

Big mistake. Apple ID should not be shared.

Do you think it's alright that your kids have your name?

1. Best follow the instructions here => What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Create a new Apple ID for them and if they're underage, read here => Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 4:29 PM in response to Val718

Big mistake. Apple ID should not be shared.

Do you think it's alright that your kids have your name?

1. Best follow the instructions here => What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Create a new Apple ID for them and if they're underage, read here => Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

I set up my kids ipads with my apple ID but now they have access to all my information. How do I change it so they only have their information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.