Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch syncing

Hello, my daughter got an apple watch for Christmas. She set it up it works on her wrist but it is syncing with mine, for example my friend challenges me my daughters stuff is what goes to her watch...

Second question she has it set up to her phone...when she uses it on WIFI it doesn't cost anything

say for texting, but if she has unlimited data package on her phone does that transfer to her watch?

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 2:11 PM

1. She should pair her watch to her own phone, with her own Apple ID, if she wants to be entirely independent.
  2. Yes, the cellular data is associated to the phone. So, if the phone is paired to her iPhone, she'll be using her own data plan (when not using Wi-Fi).

Now there is a family sharing feature Apple provides but I'm absolutely not qualified to give you any recommendations for it. It purports to sharing features/data etc. within the same family. For more information please refer to Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 2:11 PM in response to jenellegallivan

1. She should pair her watch to her own phone, with her own Apple ID, if she wants to be entirely independent.
  2. Yes, the cellular data is associated to the phone. So, if the phone is paired to her iPhone, she'll be using her own data plan (when not using Wi-Fi).

Now there is a family sharing feature Apple provides but I'm absolutely not qualified to give you any recommendations for it. It purports to sharing features/data etc. within the same family. For more information please refer to Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Apple watch syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.