Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAC-27" Intel Core

After installing the required upgrade with High Sierra, the machine starts to boot up with a chime, then the screen goes all white. Tried safe mode using Command/P/R but that does not work either. Any suggestions?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:57 AM

I think I posted a reply that was intended for another topic in this topic. See if this Apple document is of any help: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

In any event you have an 18 year old Mac and it is considered obsolete by Apple. That means that Apple won't work on it but maybe an Authorized Apple Service Provider  will. However, it won't be inexpensive and parts may be very difficult to find. You would be best served by putting your money into a new iMac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 9:57 AM in response to golflover100

I think I posted a reply that was intended for another topic in this topic. See if this Apple document is of any help: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

In any event you have an 18 year old Mac and it is considered obsolete by Apple. That means that Apple won't work on it but maybe an Authorized Apple Service Provider  will. However, it won't be inexpensive and parts may be very difficult to find. You would be best served by putting your money into a new iMac.

IMAC-27" Intel Core

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.