Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP to Projector

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) running macOS Big Sur 11.1. I also have an NEC LT30 projector, which is an older model with a VGA connector and an S-video connector. In trying to get the MBP to communicate with the projector, I have tried using two different HDMI to VGA adapters. Both times, the display on the computer just blinks in and out (like it's connecting, then disconnecting), and when the HDMI is plugged in, I cannot use the trackpad to navigate the desktop. Also, nothing comes up on the projector (it says "No Input"). I have tried rebooting both devices, without success. Any ideas on how to make this work?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:13 PM

Don't use the HDMI port on the MacBook as HDMI can't be converted properly using a cheap cable.

The MacBook 2015 has Thunderbolt2 ports,

therefore purchase a Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter available from the online Apple store :

https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/product/MB572Z/B/mini-displayport-to-vga-adapter

2 replies

MBP to Projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.