Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What app can I use to play a dvd I created in 2014 (.dvdproj)?

I created a treasured movie with iDVD years ago. I saved it as a .dvdproj file. Now, I am unable to open it. Is there an app that will convert it to an .mp4 for me easily?

Thanks for your fast help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:33 AM

If you have a burned video DVD that you created with iDVD then you can use DVD Player to play it on your Mac. Just so a Spotlight serarch for DVD Player and double click on it in the search window to open it:

It will also play commercial video DVDs.

2 replies

Jan 6, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for this. Yes, I figured that out. I also figured out a way to save the video/audio files from my cherished burned DVD to my Mac, which allowed me to use the DVD player to play it back from the computer.

Here's how:

1. Insert any DVD into the DVD player. Stop playback.
  2. Go to File on the menu bar; click Open DVD Media. Find the parent folder for the DVD you want to show and open. Highlight the video folder (do not open it). Click the prompt at the bottom of the finder window.
  3. In the DVD viewer, click on the Control bar at the bottom of the viewer; click "menu." Your DVD should play.

This solution doesn't allow me to recreate the video or convert the aforementioned files into a .mp4, but at least I'm able to view my home movie again.

What app can I use to play a dvd I created in 2014 (.dvdproj)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.