You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"An error occurred while loading this information" when searching the forum using a specific string pattern

When searching the forum using a search string like

"One" "Two Three"

I always get the following message error:

We’re sorry.

An error occurred while loading this information. Please reload the page or try again later.

Please see this screenshot:

Based on my testing this issue is triggered when the search query contains at least two consecutive search terms enclosed in double quotes and the second is made up of at least two words.

Break the above rule and you don't get any errors.

Can you confirm my findings?

It seems to me a bug of the forum, how can I report it?

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 7:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 8:06 AM

Good morning,

Rather than confirm, most here (all end users like you) will say the internal Search function has been—let's say "odd"—even before the last forum software change added new peccadillos. Issues have been reported to the Mods numerous times but yours is the first I've seen specifically regarding the use search modifiers, so that could be new evidence. It is also possible the modifiers so common to the big search engines may not be valid here.

I will report this for you. I do not know if the Mods will contact you or refer it to Engineering where the programming is done. Still, they will have your useful observations on modifiers.

Allan

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2021 8:06 AM in response to XFox

Good morning,

Rather than confirm, most here (all end users like you) will say the internal Search function has been—let's say "odd"—even before the last forum software change added new peccadillos. Issues have been reported to the Mods numerous times but yours is the first I've seen specifically regarding the use search modifiers, so that could be new evidence. It is also possible the modifiers so common to the big search engines may not be valid here.

I will report this for you. I do not know if the Mods will contact you or refer it to Engineering where the programming is done. Still, they will have your useful observations on modifiers.

Allan

"An error occurred while loading this information" when searching the forum using a specific string pattern

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.