Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch passcode

today my watch notified me that I needed a passcode for it and I thought it was ridiculous because there’s no information to access on an Apple Watch really but, I couldn’t use my apple watch unless I made a passcode and now every time I want to quickly use my Apple Watch I have to type in a 4 digit passcode which is really petty please someone help me how do I disable my passcode it will not allow me too .... SUPER WEIRD

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 11:28 PM

Ah yeah, it's possible that there could be a bug that it keeps asking but I think it's entirely possible that app for your work schedule has security policies requiring you to unlock it more frequently, you might be able to check the details in Settings > General > Device Management in the Details or Restrictions area for the profile. Usually says something like Passcode/Password policy.

It's discussed a little bit here, but these policies are setup by the company for its users of its application/user accounts:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204953

So maybe it just shows work schedule for you but might have more sensitive information for other employees but they use the same policy for all employees.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 11:28 PM in response to AidanVandenberghe

Ah yeah, it's possible that there could be a bug that it keeps asking but I think it's entirely possible that app for your work schedule has security policies requiring you to unlock it more frequently, you might be able to check the details in Settings > General > Device Management in the Details or Restrictions area for the profile. Usually says something like Passcode/Password policy.

It's discussed a little bit here, but these policies are setup by the company for its users of its application/user accounts:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204953

So maybe it just shows work schedule for you but might have more sensitive information for other employees but they use the same policy for all employees.

Apple Watch passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.