Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

opening pdf files on macOS running High Sierra version 10.13.6

For the last few days I cannot open PDF files with Acrobat Reader. Just keep getting a note telling me that this file cannot be opened etc.

Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'Statement_11Jan2020.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

this problem is with all pdf files on my mac and which have opened in the past without any problems.

I've tried removing and then re-installing without success.

I have the same problem on 2 iPads and iPhone.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:16 AM

I have solved the problem by deleting Adobe Acrobat Reader and re-installing it. When I opened Adobe A R I then had a pop up window telling me that Flash Player would no longer work with A.A. Reader, and to delete the Flash Player using the link on the pop-up which I did. So, as far as I can tell everything is back to normal.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2021 9:16 AM in response to BDAqua

I have solved the problem by deleting Adobe Acrobat Reader and re-installing it. When I opened Adobe A R I then had a pop up window telling me that Flash Player would no longer work with A.A. Reader, and to delete the Flash Player using the link on the pop-up which I did. So, as far as I can tell everything is back to normal.

opening pdf files on macOS running High Sierra version 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.