Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset encryption password

how to reset my encryption password on my windows computer (back up for iphone)?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 4:26 AM

This support article will tell you how to reset your password for future backups.

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You won't be able to use previous backups unless you can figure out your password.

From what I understand though, if you are trying to restore from an encrypted backup.. there is no restriction on your guesses to try and figure out that password. So try your commonly used passwords?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 4:26 AM in response to vasanthnair75

This support article will tell you how to reset your password for future backups.

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You won't be able to use previous backups unless you can figure out your password.

From what I understand though, if you are trying to restore from an encrypted backup.. there is no restriction on your guesses to try and figure out that password. So try your commonly used passwords?

reset encryption password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.