Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod stereo pair with Apple TV 4K - one HomePod is disconnecting with strange sound

Hello Community,

I have problem with my HomePod. I have paired a 2 homepods info stereo pair and from time to time one of them arę probably disconnecting with sound of unplugging electric gitar (very short and moderate volume 70-80%). Is this problem with HomePod or with something else? I have tried to Restore to fabric Setting both homepods and Apple TV 4K.

I will be grateful for any advices.

Best regards!

HomePod, 14

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 4:24 PM

It might be an issue with it being faulty, in which case you’d need to contact Apple or take it to a store to have it diagnosed.

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 4:24 PM in response to maciej298

It might be an issue with it being faulty, in which case you’d need to contact Apple or take it to a store to have it diagnosed.

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Homepod stereo pair with Apple TV 4K - one HomePod is disconnecting with strange sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.