Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver Issues With Big Sur

I have a late 2015 iMAC. Recently installed Big Sur. I have always used Photos as my screen saver. After updating to Big Sur, I was only seeing the same 10 or so photos over and over. Now after going into Systems Preferences to find the problem and choosing "Classic," there is a floating message in the computer picture that says: "You cannot use the iLifeSlideshows screen saver with this version of MacOS. Please contact the vendor to get a newer version of the screen saver." How would I do this? Is the vendor Apple? Thanks for any help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 3:52 PM

Well, I fixed it myself. It took hours. I'm going to try to remember what I did. I chose Photos Library in the Source box. (I don't believe this choice was there earlier.) I kept going back and forth between the Desktop tab and the Screenshot tab. Something seemed to reset. In the next screen, the choices were Photos, Favorites, People, Shared, Albums. I chose Photos and waited several hours (!) I would get SOME pictures and they were all the same. So I kind of repeated what I did (which may be unnecessary). My theory is that Big Sur had to recognize all the photos again (I have thousands) and it just took awhile to load. I hope this helps someone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 3:52 PM in response to ceilp

Well, I fixed it myself. It took hours. I'm going to try to remember what I did. I chose Photos Library in the Source box. (I don't believe this choice was there earlier.) I kept going back and forth between the Desktop tab and the Screenshot tab. Something seemed to reset. In the next screen, the choices were Photos, Favorites, People, Shared, Albums. I chose Photos and waited several hours (!) I would get SOME pictures and they were all the same. So I kind of repeated what I did (which may be unnecessary). My theory is that Big Sur had to recognize all the photos again (I have thousands) and it just took awhile to load. I hope this helps someone.

Screensaver Issues With Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.