Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity sharing not working between iPhone and Apple Watch

I can find the Sharing screen on the Watch in the Activity App.

It says to start sharing - use the Activity App on the phone.

I assume this is referring to the Activity App setting inside the Watch App? Everything is turned on.

Way isn't it connecting? How can I force them to see each other? Other things like email, messages, camera etc. are all working so I know the watch and phone are connected.

My husband has this set up and his works and I've compared the two but for some reason mine isn't working...

The FITNESS App on the phone is stuck on the intro screen - "to use the app on your phone first set up Activity on the Apple Watch...." So there is both a Fitness App and Activity App that's not quite right at the moment.

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 2:36 PM

I found a FIX for this bug! Quoted from Reddit -

" I found a fix, if anyone else has a similar issue, open the activity app on your watch and adjust your daily move goal. This should update it to the phone and fix it "

To change the move goal on the Watch one has to press down (pressure sensitive) on the move numbers to reveal the sub menu. I altered the goal amount and VOILA! The Fitness App on the phone now works! :-)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 2:36 PM in response to igirl1

I found a FIX for this bug! Quoted from Reddit -

" I found a fix, if anyone else has a similar issue, open the activity app on your watch and adjust your daily move goal. This should update it to the phone and fix it "

To change the move goal on the Watch one has to press down (pressure sensitive) on the move numbers to reveal the sub menu. I altered the goal amount and VOILA! The Fitness App on the phone now works! :-)

Jan 8, 2021 9:15 AM in response to igirl1

Hi igirl1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, you are looking to share your activity with your friends and family using your Apple Watch and would like to use the Fitness+ as well, do we have that right? If your devices are all up to date you should be able to perform both tasks. When your Apple Watch says to use the Activity app on your iPhone, it is referring to the Fitness app on your iPhone. You can use the search feature to locate it if needed. Then, you should see the "Sharing" tab at the bottom.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Share your Activity and compete with friends with your Apple Watch

In that same app, you'll see a tab for Fitness+ between the Summary and Sharing tabs. There you can select the workout you would like to start and it will begin on your Apple Watch when you select to begin on your iPhone.

Work out with Apple Fitness+

Start an Apple Fitness+ workout

Hope that helps!

Jan 8, 2021 9:47 AM in response to Trish313

From our understanding, you are looking to share your activity with your friends and family using your Apple Watch and would like to use the Fitness+ as well, do we have that right? If your devices are all up to date you should be able to perform both tasks.

Thank you so much for your reply!

No, sorry that's not right. I'm only looking to share/sync the info from the (S3) Watch to the iPhone (XR) Both are up to date.

No sharing to friends and family.

No I do not want to use Fitness+ at all - ever.

When I try to open the Fitness App on the iPhone all I get is this startup screen. (pic below)

When I go to iPhone/WatchApp/Activity there doesn't seem to be a "connect to watch" (or sync to watch) button. (2nd pic below)

As a result the Fitness App on the iPhone never resolves to show my activity and workout history and remains stuck on the startup screen.

The question is simply - how do I get the Fitness App on the iPhone to "SEE" the Watch (S3) and start showing my activity and workout history?

Activity sharing not working between iPhone and Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.