Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too much iCloud

I’m trying to remove accounts as I only need one. My original Apple ID was a Comcast email address, but I’ve also used a Gmail address to sign in. I began using an iCloud address as my Apple ID thinking I’d that would consolidate all of my logins or accounts associated with Apple. What’s your opinion or advice on how to best remedy this? I’ve talked with an agent it wasn’t clear which account to close. Thanks for reading.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 10:50 AM

You can't merge Apple IDs. If you only want to use one account, I would use the one that has the most data and purchases on it. If you have purchases on the other account, instead of closing it, just stop using it, and you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 10:50 AM in response to Community User

You can't merge Apple IDs. If you only want to use one account, I would use the one that has the most data and purchases on it. If you have purchases on the other account, instead of closing it, just stop using it, and you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Too much iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.