Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem connecting Mac Mini M1 to LG Monitor

I have a new Mac mini and new LG monitor (32MP58HQ). Trying to connect them for the first time. The screen starts up but will not read the Mac; it's looking for an input source. The screen shows a circular menu of options, but Picture Mode and Menu are grayed out. Only Exit, Input, and Monitor Off are active. Nothing happens when I use the monitor toggle switch on Input, the other buttons close or turn it off.

I tried an HDMI to VGA Adaptor cable using the HDMI cable that came with the monitor. Nothing. Now trying a thin HDMI cable (from Insignia) to connect them, but still no luck. Could it be a brand-specific issue with the cable?

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 12:01 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 8, 2021 5:33 PM in response to Steve Erwin

Hello Steve Erwin,

It sounds like you re not able to connect your monitor to your Mac mini,

Here are some resources that might help:

• Review: Connect a display to Mac mini
    • "For Mac mini with Apple M1 chip, you can connect one external display up to 6K using a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port, and one external display up to 4K using the HDMI 2.0 port."

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Problem connecting Mac Mini M1 to LG Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.