Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting iPhoto library

I migrated all my photos and videos residing in iPhoto to Photos back in May 2016 when it came out. Now I am thinking of deleting the iPhoto library and the app to save significant (~ 20% ) disc space. System report confirms that iPhoto library has not been accessed in over 4 years.

I have checked at random some photos and videos and look like they all are there in Photos. I also 'trashed' a few photos and videos intentionally from iPhoto and then checked to see their duplicates in Photos can be opened which worked without any problem.

Is there anything else I should do to check that nothing is omitted by going to Photos and that now I can safely remove iPhoto library?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 12:10 AM

I think you pretty much got it. But if you want to be ultra safe then copy the iPhoto library to an external before deleting it.

3 replies

Deleting iPhoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.