Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 12 pro max. Irresponsive Face ID, screen flickering, and tint constantly changing

I bought my new iPhone 12 Pro Max on Christmas eve. I have been experiencing so many problems since. First, coming from IPhone 7 Plus, the Face ID is very annoying and unreliable; I have my mask on all the time. Having to enter my passcode every time I look at my phone is extremely inconvenient. Second, the screen flickers. I have never experienced anything like this before. Scary behavior for a new device. Third, the screen has a yellow tint. It also keeps changing the brightness level without any changing in the environment. It is super annoying. This device is a bad device and I definitely feel like going back to my 7 plus.

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 9:10 AM

Hey there NashMahmoud,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having multiple issues including Face ID, screen flickering, and a yellow tint. We're happy to provide some assistance.

With regards to the Face ID, take a look under the "Make sure that nothing is covering your face" section here:

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

You can leave feedback on this here: Product Feedback

Regarding the yellow tint, you might have True Tone turned on, take a look under the "Adjust brightness in Settings" section here:

Adjust the brightness on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Regarding the flickering issue, this may seem like a simple step, but have you restarted your device? Restarting your device can resolve unexpected issues. Take a look here on how to restart your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

If you continue to experience issues, does this issue occur with all apps or specific apps?

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 9:10 AM in response to NashMahmoud

Hey there NashMahmoud,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having multiple issues including Face ID, screen flickering, and a yellow tint. We're happy to provide some assistance.

With regards to the Face ID, take a look under the "Make sure that nothing is covering your face" section here:

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

You can leave feedback on this here: Product Feedback

Regarding the yellow tint, you might have True Tone turned on, take a look under the "Adjust brightness in Settings" section here:

Adjust the brightness on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Regarding the flickering issue, this may seem like a simple step, but have you restarted your device? Restarting your device can resolve unexpected issues. Take a look here on how to restart your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

If you continue to experience issues, does this issue occur with all apps or specific apps?

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

IPhone 12 pro max. Irresponsive Face ID, screen flickering, and tint constantly changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.